Perinatal Support Washington is looking for board members! We are a small but mighty state-wide nonprofit and we are growing our organization- we do a lot with very little!
We are recruiting for the following positions:
As our Treasurer, you will have a seat on our Board of Directors.
The treasurer position in our organization is an important role that requires a commitment of at least 2 years, attendance at monthly board meetings, at yearly board retreat, and has responsibility of all accounting needs for our organization. We encourage those that are passionate about supporting new families and have experience in big picture financial strategic planning applicable for a small nonprofit to apply. Work is in collaboration with Program Director and program staff throughout the month. Position begins Jan/Feb 2017.
As the Treasurer, monthly activities include:
- Managing the budget
- General bookkeeping and accounting including
- paying bills,
- invoicing and accounts receivable,
- Sharing financial reports at monthly board meetings
- Managing payroll for 3 part time staff
As a Board member, activities include:
- Participating in monthly board meetings
- Participating in and/or helping with board projects as needed and available.
- Representing Perinatal Support WA at community events as available.
- Managing payroll
- General Project accounting
- Government filing for non-profits
- Renewing corporation with the state
- Charitable solicitation
- Department of revenue excise/sale tax
- Fiscal sponsorship accounting practices
We have a wonderful out-going treasurer who will provide in-person training and file transfer as well as be available for questions as needed. Average time commitment will be 8-10 hours a month. Send resume and cover letter to Alina Hensel at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to send questions. References required.
We will be recruiting for more board positions in January 2017. The following positions will be open:
- Board Chair
- Marketing, Social Media, and Outreach Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Legal Adviser
- Fundraising and Development Coordinator
- Grant Writing Coordinator