Perinatal Support Washington is excited to participate in the 2019 Climb Out of the Darkness, an event about raising awareness and funds for perinatal mental health.
There are many ways to participate in this event:
- The most important is to show up and walk!
- Invite your friends and family and share this important issue with your community.
- Register for the climb ahead of time by clicking here or just show up the day of!
Details for the day of:
- Register or sign in at the large shelter beginning at 10am.
- Maple Leaf park has a walking path that is accessible for strollers and small legs- walkers can walk a short distance or longer if they would like. One loop is .5 miles.
- 11:00 we will gather and walk the loop together.
- There will be activities for kids and adults.
- Local parent focused non-profits will have tables at the event to browse.
A little more about the national event:
Climb Out of the Darkness is the world’s largest event raising awareness of maternal mental illnesses like postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety & OCD, postpartum PTSD, postpartum psychosis, bipolar/peripartum onset, and pregnancy depression and anxiety. Climb Out of the Darkness is held on or near the longest day of the year annually to help shine the most light on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. The event features mothers and others across the globe joining together to climb mountains and hike trails to represent their symbolic rise out of the darkness of maternal mental illness and into the light of hope and recovery.