Mia Edidin, LICSW
Crystal Gurney, CD(DONA)
GPS Group Peer Support© is an evidence-informed group model that will give you the map to support parents in your community. GPS for Parents© is an empowering group experience that provides a place for parents to address the challenges they face, hear from others on the path, gain perspective and strength, and chart a course through challenging times. ‘
This model can be used in a wide variety of settings including those running postpartum support groups, breast/chest feeding groups, psychoeducational groups for parents with kids 0-3, for families in the NICU, perinatal loss groups, and any group in which parents are asked to share and listen.
1. Learn how to provide an evidence-informed model that incorporates cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, mindfulness-based stress reduction and psychosocial education in a warm and accessible group model
2. Learn group leadership skills to provide trauma-informed, empowering group environments through both didactic and experiential learning modalities
3. Explore cultural messages and myths that can undermine confidence, competence and mental health
4. Learn how to provide a population and culturally sensitive, group model for diverse communities
5. Include the values and soul of your community into the heart of GPS Group Peer Support©
6. Merge GPS Group Peer Support© with already-existing educational curricula and learning objectives to enhance deeper engagement
Lunch on your own
This Program has been approved for 14 CEUs for Licensed Social Workers, Mental Health Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists by the Washington State Society for Clinical Social Work
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17084 for 14 contact hours
GPS for Parents© is based on over 15 years of model development by both Annette Cycon and Liz Friedman in their work as the co-founders of MotherWomans Postpartum Support Initiative and through their development of the MotherWoman Support Group Model.
This training is open to experienced and first time group leaders. Providers of services to ALL parents are invited to participate in this training.
Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend full refund minus a $25 processing fee are given up to 14 days before the training. Withdrawal from the training 5 days before the training are refunded 50% of the training fee. There are no refunds given after that for non-attendance at the training.