Perinatal Support Washington is pleased to be partnering with local area perinatal specialists to provide Clinical Consult Groups on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. These consult groups offer a forum to meet with peers and colleagues to confidentially discuss clinical issues. They are suitable for all mental health practitioners.
Led by local Bellingham therapist Michelle Anderson, LMHC
10 Session Consult Group start date: Wednesday January 9th from 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Meetings are on the 2nd Wednesday of each month, 8:30-10:30 am, for 10 months.
- Participants are committing to every meeting for the entire 10 months.
- Participants must be a mental health professional.
- For unlicensed clinicians this program does not meet requirements for supervision.
- This training is approved as an advanced course for the Postpartum Support International
Certification in Perinatal Mental Health
- Fee is $75/consult session
- To reserve your spot please pay $150 or pay in full ($750)
Format and Content: Each group will follow the same curriculum topic schedule. Each meeting is 2 hours long. The first hour will have a training and discussion on a perinatal mental health topic with assigned readings. The second hour will be case consultation discussion.
Week 1 – Perinatal Depression
Week 2 – Perinatal Anxiety – Intrusive/scary thoughts, OCD
Week 3 – Adjustment issues: addressing ‘shoulds’ and unrealistic expectations of American mothering
Week 4 – Perinatal management of bipolar disorder and postpartum psychosis
Week 5 – Birth trauma
Week 6 – Breastfeeding and perinatal mental health
Week 7 – Perinatal loss: miscarriage, stillbirth, preparing for pregnancy after loss
Week 8 – Medications during pregnancy and lactation
Week 9 – Supporting parent during and after the NICU
Week 10 – Sexual abuse survivors and perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
For more information contact: email@example.com
Continuing Education Information:
- 20 CEUs pending and provided by Perinatal Support of WA at the completion of the 10 month program for MAs, MSWs, MFTs. CEUs are based on attendance (2 CEUs per 2 hour meeting)
- 20 contact hours for RNs: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17084 for 20 contact hours. CEUs are based on attendance (2 CEUs per 2 hour meeting)
Limited Scholarships available for those providers who meet the following requirements:
1. Work in Whatcom County,
2. Take state insurance (Apple Health) and
3. Have availability in their schedule.
Consideration is given to applicants who already provide services to families at risk for, or experiencing perinatal mental health complications, in underserved communities and who display the skills and connections needed to serve women and families in those communities. Please write a brief statement about how this training will be used in your practice, how you plan to provide services to underserved communities, and how you hope this training will impact your community or community you serve. Please be sure to include details about how you meet the 3 criteria listed above. Email statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with consult group scholarship in the subject line.
Michelle Anderson is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor specializing in working with pregnant and new mothers in her private practice, Mobile Mama Therapy located in Bellingham, WA. Michelle conducts both home and office visits focusing on issues related to the transition to motherhood, attachment, Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders, baby loss, traumatic birth and parenting.
Michelle blends her training as a certified yoga instructor with her training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Lifespan Integration forming a mindfulness based psychotherapy approach with her clients. She is a co-founder of the Maternal Mental Health Task Force of Whatcom County, a consultant with the Nurse Family Partnership of both Skagit and Whatcom Counties, a member of the GRADS Advisory Group of Whatcom County as well as a consultant and instructor on issues related to maternal mental health throughout the Pacific Northwest.
Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend a full refund minus a $25 processing fee are given up to 14 days before the start of the consultation group. Withdrawal from the training 5 days before the training are refunded 50% of the training fee. There are no refunds given after that for non-attendance at the training.