Perinatal Support Washington is pleased to be partnering with local area perinatal specialists to provide Clinical Consult Groups on perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. These consult groups offer a forum to meet with peers and colleagues to confidentially discuss clinical issues. They are suitable for all mental health practitioners.
Led by Seattle area therapist Led by Heidi Koss, LMHC
10 Session Online Consult Group start date: Friday, April 12th from 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Meetings are on the 2nd Friday of each month, 1:00pm-3:00pm, for 10 months. No group in August.
- Participants are committing to every meeting for the entire 10 months.
- Participants must be a mental health professional.
- For unlicensed clinicians, this program does not meet requirements for supervision.
- This training is approved as an advanced course for the Postpartum Support International
Certification in Perinatal Mental Health.
- Fee is $75/consult session.
- To reserve your spot please pay $150 or pay in full ($750).
Format and Content: Each group will follow the same curriculum topic schedule. Each meeting is 2 hours long. The first hour will have a training and discussion on a perinatal mental health topic with assigned readings. The second hour will be a case consultation discussion. This is an online group that will meet on video conference.
April 12 – Perinatal Depression, PMAD Screening and Intake
May 10 – Perinatal Anxiety – Intrusive/scary thoughts, OCD
June 14 – Adjustment issues: addressing ‘shoulds’ and unrealistic expectations of American mothering
July 12 – Perinatal management of bipolar disorder and postpartum psychosis
September 13 – Birth trauma
October 11 – Breastfeeding and perinatal mental health
November 8 – Perinatal loss: miscarriage, stillbirth, preparing for pregnancy after loss
December 13 – Medications during pregnancy and lactation
January 10 – Supporting parent during and after the NICU
February 14 – Sexual abuse survivors and perinatal mood and anxiety disorders
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Information:
- 20 CEUs pending and provided by Perinatal Support of WA at the completion of the year-long program for MAs, MSWs, MFTs. CEUs are based on attendance (2 CEUs per 2 hour meeting).
- 20 contact hours for RNs: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 17084 for 20 contact hours. CEUs are based on attendance (2 CEUs per 2 hour meeting).
- This training is approved as an advanced course for the Postpartum Support International Certification in Perinatal Mental Health.
Heidi Koss, LMHC is a psychotherapist in private practice, serving individuals, couples and families, with an emphasis on pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders, birth trauma, as well as treating other related birth issues.
Heidi has contributed to the field of perinatal mental health in many ways over her career. She is the Co-Founder of the Northwest Association for Postpartum Support (NAPS). She served on the WA state leadership advisory committee for the Speak Up When Youre Down Postpartum Depression Awareness Campaign and has been an instructor at the Seattle Midwifery School for their PPMD course. She has collaborated on a PPMD training curriculum with the University of WA School of Nursing Infant Mental Health and Development Program and the Washington State Department of Health First Steps Division. She has been a Certified Postpartum Doula and Certified Lactation Educator for over twelve years, and the recipient of the prestigious DONA International Penny Simkin Award in 2006. Heidi is also the proud mother of 2 beautiful daughters.
Refund Policy: If you are unable to attend a full refund minus a $25 processing fee are given up to 14 days before the start of the consultation group. Withdrawal from the training 5 days before the training are refunded 50% of the training fee. There are no refunds given after that for non-attendance at the training.