About our Warm Line:
We support 250 new parents on the phone every year. We have both mothers ad fathers available to answer questions, provide hope, support, information, and importantly talk about how parents can start to feel better through wellness and self care as well as connect them to resources in their community.
Criteria to be on the Warm Line:
1. A parent, or partner, who has had and recovered from a perinatal mental health complication.
2. Or – A licensed mental heath provider.
3. You have at least an hour a day available to answer phone calls during your scheduled shift.
4. You are at least one year postpartum.
5. You can make a year commitment.
About the training:
1. In person 3.5 hour training offered 3 times per year (September, January, and June)
2. 10 hours of independent learning at your own pace- includes videos and readings.
3. Ongoing training in perinatal mental health throughout the year- we highly encourage our Warm Line volunteers to attend our trainings throughout the year to learn more about the spectrum of perinatal mental health. As a benefit of being a PS-WA volunteer we offer attendance at our trainings free of charge.
For more information please contant Mia Edidin at Mia.Edidin@perinatalsupport.org