Perinatal Support Washington is working to broaden our database of providers who work with childbearing families experiencing emotional health complications. This includes a wide range of providers- therapists, medication prescribers, doulas, IBCLCs, LMPs, and more. We use these provider lists as a referral resource for families who call our warm line or contact us for referrals in their area.
Our provider list is for highly qualified professionals who have specific training and experience in working with perinatal mental health complications.
Our requirements are as follows:
- For mental health providers: complete a minimum training of 12 CEUs specifically in PMADs. For other providers: complete a minimum of 5 CEUs in training specifically about PMADs.
- Minimum of 2 years experience treating parents experiencing a perinatal mood or anxiety disorder.
- Washington State License in good standing. (Associate licences do not meet this requirement)
- If less than 2 years of practice working with parents experiencing PMADs,be willing to:
- Obtain professional consultation
- Complete additional PMAD training CEUs
- Complete brief skill evaluation about the management of PMADs
2 ways to be listed in our provider list.
1. List your practice publicly on our searchable website.
This is a benefit of paid professional membership, which is $100 per year.
Refer to our Membership page for complete benefits.
2. List your practice in our internal provider list.
This database of PMAD-qualified providers is used internally by our Warm Line, when professionals or community member inquire about referrals in their area, and for our Support Groups to provide referrals. This list is not shared on the website; it’s a FREE service for qualified providers. The requirements for being on this list are the same as for our publicly shared list, but there is no yearly fee.
- Complete and submit the online application HERE.
We urge you to join one of our provider lists, either via membership or via our free database. If you are a provider or parent, we also ask that you forward this page to qualified providers you may know. Our goal is to have a healthy list of providers for those families who need help.