Clinical Consultation: for Mental Health Clinicians
July 14 @ 6:00 pm - December 8 @ 7:00 pmFree
Open to providers in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties.
The second Wednesday of the month June- December at 6pm starting July 14th at 6:00pm-7:00pm. (7/14, 8/11, 9/8, 10/13, 11/10, 12/8)
This group welcomes clinicians from multiple identities who are interested in serving childbearing families in a culturally-relevant way. We will provide support to approach perinatal mental health work with cultural humility and sensitivity with attention and emphasis to the intersections of race/class/gender/sexual orientation/ability/parenting experience.
Qualifications for attending:
- You are a clinician providing mental health services IN King, Pierce or Snohomish County
- You serve Medicaid eligible clients, have sliding-scale or low-cost options
- And have taken one of the listed (or an equivalent perinatal Mental Health 2-day training) in the last 1-2 years
- Promoting Parental Resilience (PS-WA)
- 2-Day Practices and Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders – 2 day Training (PS-WA)
- PSI’s 2 Day PMAD training
- 2020 Mom Perinatal Mental Health Training
* BIPOC clinicians will be prioritized
About the Clinical Consultation Groups:
- Consultations will meet once a month for six months 60-90 minute sessions via Zoom from June-December.
- Consultation is provided free of cost to providers.
- Sessions will be a small group of clinicians all who attended a comprehensive two-day PMAD training that are seeing perinatal clients, roughly 6-12 providers.
- It will be a group consultation for case presentations and feedback from a perinatal mental health specialist (from our PS-WA training team). There will be direct opportunities to share and get feedback from the facilitator as well as learn through others case presentations.
- All consultations will use an intersectional and anti-oppressive lens in working with childbearing people.
- Consultations will be led by Perinatal Mental Health Specialists from each of the identified provider communities.
*Consultation does not meet requirements for clinical supervision.
Questions regarding this training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet the facilitator, Kristine: Kristine is an LICSW and PMC with a background practicing in pediatric and obstetric medical settings for the last 18 years. Kristine practices from a CBT, IPT model and has had additional training in both but feels strongly a clinician must be flexible to meet a client where they are at especially in the perinatal period. Kristine has provided clinical supervision for graduate social work students working toward their clinical license since 2010 and feels learning and growth are essential to being a good clinician.