New Volunteer Training for our Parent Support Warm Line
May 1 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pmFree
Come volunteer with us!
PS-WA is looking for Warm Line volunteers! Are you a parent who has experienced and recovered from postpartum depression, anxiety, postpartum psychosis or other perinatal mental health issues? We are looking for parent volunteers including dads, LGBTQ parents and BIPOC parents to assist those reaching out to our Warm Line for support.
Our Warm Line offers free phone, text and email support for parents and their family members. The line is staffed by volunteers who are either parents that have experienced a perinatal mood and/or anxiety disorder and have recovered fully or professionals/licensed therapists with specialized training in perinatal mental health.
We are recruiting volunteers for 3 positions:
- Live Answer Volunteer: Answer calls during a 4 hour weekday shift (once a week from the comfort of your home). Currently we average 1-4 calls per 24 hour period.
- Evening and Weekend Volunteer: Volunteer half week shifts (every 5 weeks) or week long shifts (every 7-9 weeks) responding to callers who leave a voicemail, email, or text either during the same day or within 12 hours. Currently during a half week shift we average 1-4 calls.
- On Call Dad Volunteer: Volunteers follow up within 24 hours with dads who have requested to talk to another dad. Currently we receive 1-3 calls a month from dads.
Volunteers offer peer support, wellness planning, resources and referrals to callers on a short term (2 weeks) or long term (up to 3 months) basis.
- Volunteer from your home and/or your office. All you need is a phone and computer. We supply you with a phone extension to contact callers, through an app on your cell phone.
- Calls generally last 30-45 minutes. In addition there are tasks to follow up with after a cal: locating and reaching out to providers, sending a follow up email with resources and referrals, etc.
- Volunteers always check in with parents 1 week after the initial contact and offer extended peer support to parents for 2-12 weeks (when requested and as needed).
- 1 hour monthly volunteer meetings on zoom.
- If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the short volunteer application below and we will be in touch with next steps.
- Any questions, contact the Warm Line Program Manager at Victoria.email@example.com