Perinatal Support Washington is eager to connect with perinatal providers all over the state and we welcome emails and calls to introduce yourself and work. We know that every person and every interaction with new parents are important and whether you are the front desk staff, a medical assistant, a therapist, or psychiatrist we would love to hear from you. In particular we are always looking for more referral sources for families. If your practice or program serves families experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, please connect with us. If you would like your practice or program listed on our website - submit your listing today and we will get you started.
Please also stay in touch via our newsletter to hear about our upcoming trainings and events. For more information about PMADs, please visit our parents page and "info hub" blog. You can find downloadable resources for your patients and more.
Provider Trainings hosted by Perinatal Support Washington are featured below:
Our most common trainings include our Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (1 Day Foundation Training or 2 Day Comprehensive Training Options), Birth Trauma For Therapists and Allied Birth Professionals, Group Peer Support Facilitator Training. Want to bring a Perinatal Support Washington training to your organization? Learn more about our training and explore how we can collaborate.
* Looking for a custom training for your staff? Get in touch with us! We offer a ride range of trainings with CEUs.
Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders – Webinar
Training is full but you can register for the waiting list. Training for everyone: Wednesday, June 10th – 9am-12pm Thursday, June 11th – 1pm-5pm Thursday, June 18th – 9am-12pm Friday,…
Upcoming Community Trainings & Events:
Our goal is to provide a central place for trainings related to perinatal mental health and well-being. Please feel free to send us your training or forward trainings in your communities. Please email us today.
RTZ HOPE Webinar Series:
Supporting Parents Through Pregnancy After Loss
May 20, 2020, 10:00 - 11:00 am PST
Hosts: This webinar will be led by RTZ HOPE Founder Dr. Kiley Hanish.
Audience: The content is directed towards providers but will also be informative for bereaved parents and their community of friends and family.
YOU MUST REGISTER FOR THE WEBINAR.
Form more information: https://rtzhope.org/webinar
More events coming soon.
More events coming soon.
Additional Trainings & Resources:
Discover local perinatal mental health resources and referrals with our county & family resource pages. Download your free copies here:
In addition to the trainings above, continuing education courses on mood and anxiety disorders are available from the following organizations:
- Maternal Mental Health Now: Annual 2 day Conference in LA ( webcast options) and online training courses.
- Postpartum Stress Center: 15 continuing education (CE) credits can be obtained by reading two of Karen Kleiman’s books. Karen also has in person trainings several times per year.
- CE4less.com: 7 credits for Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts and 8 credits for Tokens of Affection: Reclaiming Your Marriage After Postpartum Depression.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): PSI offers a 2 day course at various locations throughout the country and a 7 session online course with featuring nationwide experts. They also host an annual conference on perinatal mental health that brings together over 500 perinatal professionals. Professional membership program includes perintal mental health consultation and access to reproductive psychiatry listerve.
- 2020 Mom: Offers a 8 week online training program with Postpartum Support International. Multiple start dates throughout the year. Other training opporuntiies as well inluding complementary Perinatal Mental Health Intro and webinars.
*Perinatal Support Washington is not responsible for the contents of any the websites and inclusion in this list does not indicate that Perinatal Support Washington is endorsing the policies, procedures, or views contained therein.
Become a Professional Member of Perinatal Support Washington
Become a Member
We welcome new and experienced providers to become a professional member of our organization. Your membership has many benefits for your practice and it supports our organization to serve more families and provide more professional development opportunities.
- Free attendance at our evening clinical discussion series. We offer 2-4 evening events through the year and rotate locations in the Seattle area, CEUs included.
- Member highlight on our professional directory (must meet training and experience requirements).
- 10-20% Discounts for all of our trainings, including our specialized trainings, conferences, and more.