Perinatal Support Washington is eager to connect with perinatal providers all over the state and we welcome emails and calls to introduce yourself and work. We know that every person and every interaction with new parents are important and whether you are the front desk staff, a medical assistant, a therapist, or psychiatrist we would love to hear from you. In particular we are always looking for more referral sources for families. If your practice or program serves families experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, please connect with us. If you would like your practice or program listed on our website - submit your listing today and we will get you started.
Please also stay in touch via our newsletter to hear about our upcoming trainings and events. For more information about PMADs, please visit our parents page and "info hub" blog. You can find downloadable resources for your patients and more.
Provider Trainings hosted by Perinatal Support Washington are featured below:
Our most common trainings include our Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (1 Day Foundation Training or 2 Day Comprehensive Training Options), Birth Trauma For Therapists and Allied Birth Professionals, Group Peer Support Facilitator Training. Want to bring a Perinatal Support Washington training to your organization? Learn more about our training and explore how we can collaborate.
* Looking for a custom training for your staff? Get in touch with us! We offer a ride range of trainings with CEUs.
This 10 week series offers a forum to learn from experienced perinatal mental health specialists, delving into weekly topic areas through training and case study discussions. If you have attended…
This 2 and a half day training is open to experienced and first time group leaders. Providers of services to ALL parents are invited to participate in this training. GPS…
Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders – 2 day Training
Learn how to effectively identify and screen parents experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. This two-day training is appropriate for a range of providers, including OBs, pediatricians, midwives, RNs, social…
Upcoming Community Trainings & Events:
Our goal is to provide a central place for trainings related to perinatal mental health and well-being. Please feel free to send us your training or forward trainings in your communities. Please email us today.
Free Online Workshop for New Parent and Pediatric Health Care Professionals
Host: The UW Barnard Center for Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
Dates: 5 options in August and September
For nurses and other professionals who provide care for women and newborns affected by Opioid Use Disorder (OUD). Learn how to better nurture and support the parent- child relationship using the science of early brain development with attachment-based practices.
Free Racialized Trauma Course
Host: Cultural Somatics Training & Institute
We can't help ourselves even begin to heal radicalized trauma if we don't acknowledge that it even exists. 5 session ecourse.
Multicultural Maternal Mental Health Conference
Host: Shades of You, Shades of Me
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Dates: October 22-24, 2020
This event focuses on collaborative conversations about improving quality of multicultural maternal mental healthcare and dismantling stigma for minority populations.
Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy
Host: Shiva Sethi
Dates: Ongoing/ On Demand
During this webinar Shiva Sethi will provide an overview of and answer questions about his report, Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy. The report discusses racial inequities in maternal mental health, factors that have lead to those inequities, and key strategies that policymakers can use to fight those inequities based on successes across the country.
Additional Trainings & Resources:
Discover local perinatal mental health resources and referrals with our county & family resource pages. Download your free copies here:
In addition to the trainings above, continuing education courses on mood and anxiety disorders are available from the following organizations:
- Maternal Mental Health Now: Annual 2 day Conference in LA ( webcast options) and online training courses.
- Postpartum Stress Center: 15 continuing education (CE) credits can be obtained by reading two of Karen Kleiman’s books. Karen also has in person trainings several times per year.
- CE4less.com: 7 credits for Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts and 8 credits for Tokens of Affection: Reclaiming Your Marriage After Postpartum Depression.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): PSI offers a 2 day course at various locations throughout the country and a 7 session online course with featuring nationwide experts. They also host an annual conference on perinatal mental health that brings together over 500 perinatal professionals. Professional membership program includes perintal mental health consultation and access to reproductive psychiatry listerve.
- 2020 Mom: Offers a 8 week online training program with Postpartum Support International. Multiple start dates throughout the year. Other training opporuntiies as well inluding complementary Perinatal Mental Health Intro and webinars.
*Perinatal Support Washington is not responsible for the contents of any the websites and inclusion in this list does not indicate that Perinatal Support Washington is endorsing the policies, procedures, or views contained therein.
Become a Professional Member of Perinatal Support Washington
Become a Member
We welcome new and experienced providers to become a professional member of our organization. Your membership has many benefits for your practice and it supports our organization to serve more families and provide more professional development opportunities.
- Free attendance at our evening clinical discussion series. We offer 2-4 evening events through the year and rotate locations in the Seattle area, CEUs included.
- Member highlight on our professional directory (must meet training and experience requirements).
- 10-20% Discounts for all of our trainings, including our specialized trainings, conferences, and more.
Climb Out of the Darkness
A walk or hike near you the week of July 20-27th and on Zoom Saturday, July 25, 2020 10am-11am
The Climb Out of the Darkness® is the world’s largest event raising awareness on the most common pregnancy and childbirth complication: perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
> Join PS-WA's Virtual Climb.