Provider Trainings and Events hosted by Perinatal Support Washington are featured below:
Our most common trainings include our Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (1 Day Foundation Training or 2 Day Comprehensive Training Options), Birth Trauma For Therapists and Allied Birth Professionals, Group Peer Support Facilitator Training. Want to bring a Perinatal Support Washington training to your organization? Learn more about our training and explore how we can collaborate.
* Looking for a custom training for your staff? Get in touch with us! We offer a ride range of trainings with CEUs.
The Parent Education & Resilience Collaborative (PERC) Presents: Promoting Parental Resilience through the Childbearing Period; Supporting Parents with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders A New Training Program for Mental Health…
Perinatal Mental Health, Trauma Informed Care and Resilience for New Parents (Clallam or Jefferson Co Providers Only)
This one day training will provide an overview of perinatal mental health with a focus on trauma and trauma informed care. This training is open to anyone working with families…
The Parent Education & Resilience Collaborative (PERC) Presents: Promoting Parental Resilience through the Childbearing Period; Supporting Parents with Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders A New Training Program for Mental…
Come volunteer with us! PS-WA is looking for Warm Line volunteers! Are you a parent who has experienced and recovered from postpartum depression, anxiety, postpartum psychosis or other perinatal…
New Parenthood in the Time of COVID: Finding Resilience and Perseverance for Our Clients and Ourselves
This one day training will provide an overview of perinatal mental health with a focus on strategies to support parents experiencing social isolation due to COVID. We will cover key concepts…
This one day training will provide an overview of trauma in the perinatal period and is appropriate for a range of providers, including OBs, pediatricians, midwives, RNs, social workers, mental health…
Parent Education & Resilience Collaborative (PERC) Presents: A New Training Program for Care Providers of Childbearing Families Funded by Best Starts for Kids to provide workforce development to providers in…
Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders – 2 day Training
Learn how to effectively identify and screen parents experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. This two-day training is appropriate for a range of providers, including OBs, pediatricians, midwives, RNs, social…
Upcoming Community Trainings & Events:
Free Racialized Trauma Course
Host: Cultural Somatics Training & Institute
We can't help ourselves even begin to heal radicalized trauma if we don't acknowledge that it even exists. 5 session ecourse.
Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy
Host: Shiva Sethi
Dates: Ongoing/ On Demand
During this webinar Shiva Sethi will provide an overview of and answer questions about his report, Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy. The report discusses racial inequities in maternal mental health, factors that have lead to those inequities, and key strategies that policymakers can use to fight those inequities based on successes across the country.
The National Zero Suicide Initiative: Levers for Maternal Mental Health
Host: 2020 Mom and Zero Suicide Institute
Thu, Nov 12, 2020 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM PST
Join 2020 Mom and our partner Zero Suicide Institute to learn and discuss the national Zero Suicide framework. The Zero Suicide framework is a system-wide, organizational commitment to safer suicide care in health and behavioral health care systems.
Our goal is to provide a central place for trainings related to perinatal mental health and well-being. Please feel free to send us your training or forward trainings in your communities. Please email us today.
Additional Trainings & Resources:
Discover local perinatal mental health resources and referrals with our county & family resource pages. Download your free copies here:
In addition to the trainings above, continuing education courses on mood and anxiety disorders are available from the following organizations:
- Maternal Mental Health Now: Annual 2 day Conference in LA ( webcast options) and online training courses.
- Postpartum Stress Center: 15 continuing education (CE) credits can be obtained by reading two of Karen Kleiman’s books. Karen also has in person trainings several times per year.
- CE4less.com: 7 credits for Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts and 8 credits for Tokens of Affection: Reclaiming Your Marriage After Postpartum Depression.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): PSI offers a 2 day course at various locations throughout the country and a 7 session online course with featuring nationwide experts. They also host an annual conference on perinatal mental health that brings together over 500 perinatal professionals. Professional membership program includes perintal mental health consultation and access to reproductive psychiatry listerve.
- 2020 Mom: Offers a 8 week online training program with Postpartum Support International. Multiple start dates throughout the year. Other training opporuntiies as well inluding complementary Perinatal Mental Health Intro and webinars.
*Perinatal Support Washington is not responsible for the contents of any the websites and inclusion in this list does not indicate that Perinatal Support Washington is endorsing the policies, procedures, or views contained therein.