Provider Trainings and Events hosted by Perinatal Support Washington are featured below:
Our most common trainings include our Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (1 Day Foundation Training or 2 Day Comprehensive Training Options), Birth Trauma For Therapists and Allied Birth Professionals, Group Peer Support Facilitator Training. Want to bring a Perinatal Support Washington training to your organization? Learn more about our training and explore how we can collaborate.
* Looking for a custom training for your staff? Get in touch with us! We offer a ride range of trainings with CEUs.
Open to providers in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. The second Tuesday of the month 3:00-4:30pm starting Tuesday, June 8th 3:00-4:30pm. (6/8, 7/13, 8/10, 9/14, 10/12, 11/9, 12/14) Registration is…
Open to providers in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. The fourth Wednesday of the month from 9:00-10:00am; starting June 23rd at 9:00am (6/23, 7/28, 8/25, 9/22, 10/27, 12/1*) * means…
Open to providers in King, Pierce, and Snohomish Counties. The fourth Thursday of the month June-December from 5:00pm-6:00pm starting July 22nd at 5:00pm-6:00pm. (7/22, 8/26, 9/23, 10/28, 11/18*, 12/16*) *…
Join perinatal mental health providers and advocates from across the state every other month for a meeting to learn about the work being done in communities in the perinatal mental…
This 10 week series offers a forum to learn from an experienced perinatal mental health specialist, delving into weekly topic areas through training and case study discussions. This training is…
This 10 month series offers a forum to learn from experienced perinatal mental health specialists, delving into PMH topic areas through both didactic training and case study discussions. If you…
Come volunteer with us! TRAINING DATE: Late fall (Date TBD) Perinatal Support Washington’s Warm Line was started by parents who never wanted another parent to feel alone and not know…
This training is for Washington state providers who practice outside of King County. Learn how to effectively identify and screen parents experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. This two-day training…
Upcoming Community Trainings & Events:
Moms’ Access Project ECHO: CME Series
UW’s Perinatal Substance Use & Mental Health Case Conference Series
Host: The University of Washington School of
Dates: 1st Wednesday of the month. October 2021 through July 2022 from 12:00-1:00pm PST
The program aims to increase frontline provider capacity to address common mental disorders in pregnancy and postpartum. Program format is brief didactic followed by in depth case presentation and discussion.
Free Racialized Trauma Course
Host: Cultural Somatics Training & Institute
We can't help ourselves even begin to heal radicalized trauma if we don't acknowledge that it even exists. 5 session ecourse.
Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy
Host: Shiva Sethi
Dates: Ongoing/ On Demand
During this webinar Shiva Sethi will provide an overview of and answer questions about his report, Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy. The report discusses racial inequities in maternal mental health, factors that have lead to those inequities, and key strategies that policymakers can use to fight those inequities based on successes across the country.
Multicultural Maternal Mental Health Conference
Host: Shades of You, Shades of Me
October 6 - 8, 2021
Shades of You, Shades of Me, is a Maternal Mental Health awareness campaign that seeks to build a community of support for women of diverse cultural backgrounds. It is our honor to host the 2021 Multicultural Maternal Mental Health Conference in recognition of Maternal Mental Health Awareness Month.
Our goal is to provide a central place for trainings related to perinatal mental health and well-being. Please feel free to send us your training or forward trainings in your communities. Please email us today.
Additional Trainings & Resources:
Discover local perinatal mental health resources and referrals with our county & family resource pages. Download your free copies here:
In addition to the trainings above, continuing education courses on mood and anxiety disorders are available from the following organizations:
- Maternal Mental Health Now: Annual 2 day Conference in LA ( webcast options) and online training courses.
- Postpartum Stress Center: 15 continuing education (CE) credits can be obtained by reading two of Karen Kleiman’s books. Karen also has in person trainings several times per year.
- CE4less.com: 7 credits for Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts and 8 credits for Tokens of Affection: Reclaiming Your Marriage After Postpartum Depression.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): PSI offers a 2 day course at various locations throughout the country and a 7 session online course with featuring nationwide experts. They also host an annual conference on perinatal mental health that brings together over 500 perinatal professionals. Professional membership program includes perintal mental health consultation and access to reproductive psychiatry listerve.
- 2020 Mom: Offers a 8 week online training program with Postpartum Support International. Multiple start dates throughout the year. Other training opporuntiies as well inluding complementary Perinatal Mental Health Intro and webinars.
*Perinatal Support Washington is not responsible for the contents of any the websites and inclusion in this list does not indicate that Perinatal Support Washington is endorsing the policies, procedures, or views contained therein.