Provider Trainings and Events hosted by Perinatal Support Washington are featured below:
Our most common trainings include our Best Practices in Prevention, Identification and Treatment of Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (1 Day Foundation Training or 2 Day Comprehensive Training Options), Birth Trauma For Therapists and Allied Birth Professionals, Group Peer Support Facilitator Training. Want to bring a Perinatal Support Washington training to your organization? Learn more about our training and explore how we can collaborate.
* Looking for a custom training for your staff? Get in touch with us! We offer a ride range of trainings with CEUs.
Search for a training:
Every third Wednesday (11am-12:30pm PST) FREE monthly consultation groups for those who have attended a Group Peer Support (GPS) training through Perinatal Support Washington.
*REGISTRATION IS FULL* Email email@example.com to be added to the waitlist. This 2.5 day training is open to experienced and first time group leaders. Providers of services to ALL parents…
Come volunteer with us! Fall 2023: Saturday, October 7 The Warm Line was started by parents who never wanted another parent to feel alone and not know what to do.…
Learn how to effectively identify, support and care for parents experiencing perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. This two-day training is appropriate for a range of providers who work with childbearing…
Open to all mental health practitioners. This 10 week series offers a forum to learn from an experienced perinatal mental health specialist, delving into weekly topic areas through training and…
This training is for Washington state providers who practice IN Whatcom and/or Skagit Counties. During this 2-day training, clinical & non-clinical professionals will learn how the perinatal context affects parental…
Open to WA state providers with priority given to providers practicing IN Kittitas, Stevens/Ferry & San Juan Island Counties. This training covers key concepts and practices in the prevention, identification…
This training is open to Washington state providers. A limited number of spots available for King County providers. Learn how to effectively identify and screen parents experiencing perinatal mood and…
Upcoming Community Trainings & Events:
The 2023 Maternal Mental Health (MMH) FORUM
Host: 2020 Mom
Join thought leaders from around the country for the 13th annual Maternal Mental Health FORUM.
The FORUM is all-virtual again this year with a focus on investing in systems change and families to reap rewards. The FORUM includes mainstage and breakout sessions, and small group regional and topic networking sessions.
Though it is open to all change agents, this year, the FORUM is being designed for leaders from the following primary audiences, who are positioned to lead systems change:
Payors (Medicaid Agency, Health Insurance Company, Employer)
Policy Makers/Public Agencies (state or federal government)
Provider Health Systems (hospital/obstetric provider groups/systems)
Partners (Philanthropy and Nonprofit Organizations)
Free Racialized Trauma Course
Host: Cultural Somatics Training & Institute
We can't help ourselves even begin to heal radicalized trauma if we don't acknowledge that it even exists. 5 session ecourse.
Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy
Host: Shiva Sethi
Dates: Ongoing/ On Demand
During this webinar Shiva Sethi will provide an overview of and answer questions about his report, Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal Mental Health Policy. The report discusses racial inequities in maternal mental health, factors that have lead to those inequities, and key strategies that policymakers can use to fight those inequities based on successes across the country.
2023 Postpartum Support International Conference
Location: Kansas City, MO
Dates: Jun 28- July 2, 2023
Save the Date! The 2023 Annual PSI Conference provides an opportunity to meet, learn together and share ideas with others involved in the field of Perinatal Mental Health. The Conference is scheduled Jun 28- July 2, 2023 in Kansas City, MO. Sign up for the PSI e-news to keep up to date on conference planning.
Our goal is to provide a central place for trainings related to perinatal mental health and well-being. Please feel free to send us your training or forward trainings in your communities. Please email us today.
Additional Trainings & Resources:
Discover local perinatal mental health resources and referrals with our county & family resource pages. Download your free copies here:
In addition to the trainings above, continuing education courses on mood and anxiety disorders are available from the following organizations:
- Maternal Mental Health Now: Annual 2 day Conference in LA ( webcast options) and online training courses.
- Postpartum Stress Center: 15 continuing education (CE) credits can be obtained by reading two of Karen Kleiman’s books. Karen also has in person trainings several times per year.
- CE4less.com: 7 credits for Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts and 8 credits for Tokens of Affection: Reclaiming Your Marriage After Postpartum Depression.
- Postpartum Support International (PSI): PSI offers a 2 day course at various locations throughout the country and a 7 session online course with featuring nationwide experts. They also host an annual conference on perinatal mental health that brings together over 500 perinatal professionals. Professional membership program includes perintal mental health consultation and access to reproductive psychiatry listerve.
- 2020 Mom: Offers a 8 week online training program with Postpartum Support International. Multiple start dates throughout the year. Other training opporuntiies as well inluding complementary Perinatal Mental Health Intro and webinars.
*Perinatal Support Washington is not responsible for the contents of any the websites and inclusion in this list does not indicate that Perinatal Support Washington is endorsing the policies, procedures, or views contained therein.